From the age of 18 he spent 4 years at the Hungarian National Theatre in Budapest as a props man. After this, he graduated from the Budapest State Film and Theatre Academy as a theatre and film dramaturg and writer, after which he also attended the film direction course. He graduated from the Academy as a film director in 1987. He has made several TV programs for children (mainly fiction, but also documentaries). Has made several documentaries for Hungarian State TV, mainly on sociographical themes.
- Film and theatre director.
- Member of the European Film Academy. (2001-2002)
- Director of the Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at Harvard, Cambridge, MA.
- Faculty member of the Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at Harvard, Cambridge, MA.
- Lecturer at the Academy of Theatre and Film Arts, Budapest,
in film direction; also tutor at the acting master class.